I also attended the Hasbro Insider Insight. It was great to see Ben again and meet two other employees that are Northeastern alumni. The session was very informative and gave us helpful information on what to expect during the application process and what to expect from a Corporate Residency. Naturally, being a toy company, they brought plenty of toys for us. Small containers of Play-Doh were at each seat (which we wasted no time playing with) and several of us won toys through trivia questions (don't worry, in the end everyone got a toy!). Those that correctly answered trivia questions got first pick at the wide of array of toys. I was in this group of people (FYI, Mr. Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on TV) and chose SIMON Flash, one of their newest games. It consists of four glowing blocks and four different game options. It is quite fun and nice twist on classic SIMON.
One of the SIMON Flash games in action!
On Friday November 11th we enjoyed a day off in honor of Veteran's Day (thank you to all the Veterans!). I celebrated by catching up on some homework before heading off to work. On Saturday a group of my classmates participated in the MIT Case Competition! They were one of twelve teams selected and competed against schools like Harvard, Standford, Yale, and MIT. I did not attend to watch, but I heard they did a great job! Congrats to all of you! That night my parents came for a belated birthday visit (if you remember they were sick when the rest of my family came), which was a nice break from my LD1.
On Monday my team had our second presentation in Marketing, 1.0 Web Advertising for Digital Angel. I will be honest, it was great to be able to relax and watch two of my team members present this case, especially with the LD1 due the next day. Tuesday was the Harvest Festival, a Thanksgiving dinner celebration hosted by the Grad Programs (thank you!)! We had traditional Thanksgiving foods and many of the students and staff brought delicious desserts! It was wonderful to relax and mingle with the staff and fellow students.
After handing in my LD1 and the Harvest Festival, I met up with a friend to catch up on the semester and the details of her new job and acceptance into Suffolk's MBA program (congrats!). It was a nice way to destress and recap all that has gone on through the semester.
On Friday we had our final panel in Career Management. The experts discussed their positions in the finance field. I have never had an interest in finance and having a marketing (and minor supply chain) concentration, I did not take much away from this panel. Hopefully those focusing in finance found it valuable.
That night the MBA Connections club hosted the First Year/Second Year Mixer at Symphony 8. Within minutes of arriving we learned that the room was double booked and we were moved upstairs (and given a nice discount on our appetizers!). We quickly passed over the location mix up and began mingling with our peers. It was nice to see everyone in an informal setting and expand on previous conversations. It was also great to see that so many people decided to come!
I am very much looking forward to the short week coming up and making my first trip home of the semester!
*The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of Northeastern University, its staff, faculty or affiliates and are solely the opinion of Keri Deming
*The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of Northeastern University, its staff, faculty or affiliates and are solely the opinion of Keri Deming

No comments:
Post a Comment